The latest from Diane
- Meditations on Awakening, Volume 2 of the Daily Shot of Hope series, is now available for sale. Happy dance! Read the introduction and order now.
- On the blog: On this day, we promise. What promise do you make today to honor yourself?
- 11/4/17 – Thanks to all who participated in our third Harvest: A Workshop on Finding and Sustaining Hope at the Learning for Life Center in Topeka, Kan. You were ALL amazing. And thanks, once again, to my co-teacher, Annette Billings. Every one of these events teaches me so much. It is a privilege to participate. Look for our next session in 2018.
- On the blog: Hope and politics
- On the blog: Why hope matters
- On the blog: Our impulse to build
- On the blog: Cover reveal!
- On the blog: Seeking recommendations on waves
- On the blog: Mindfulness and hope
- On the blog: Early bird special expires Friday
- On the blog: Thanks folks!
- On the blog: 5 reasons I write about hope.
- On the blog: Is it stupid to be kind?
- I had a grand time with poet Annette Billings at our Harvest workshop on September 16. Thanks to all who attended! As always, you folks are what make these workshops so special.
- I had a wonderful time talking about hope on Sunday, July 9, at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lawrence. Thanks so much for having me!
- The Lawrence Public Library and the Lawrence Journal World posted an interview with me and an article about Your Daily Shot of Hope. Thanks Shirley!
- Your Daily Shot of Hope: Meditations for an Age of Despair is now available at The Raven Bookstore in Lawrence, Kansas, and A Room of One’s Own in Madison, Wisconsin as well as at Amazon and Smashwords.
Why are we here?
Hope & Politics is both an idea and an endeavor.
The idea encompasses the concept that failures are stepping stones to transformation, and that Martin Luther King Jr. was right when he said, “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
The endeavor is a business that seeks to transform our world through education and inspiration. Hope & Politics publishes books, teaches classes, and organizes events that provide nuts-and-bolts training in communications along with emotional grounding for readers and participants. Our first publishing project is a 4-book series called Your Daily Shot of Hope. The first book, Meditations for an Age of Despair, was published in January 2017.
We’re not terribly modest here. We only seek to change the world.
Where do we get our art?
The photos are from various sources, and the banner and book cover art are from the amazing Lynne Baur.