The latest from Diane
- REGISTER NOW FOR OUR FIRST TOPEKA WORKSHOP! I’m pleased to announce that Annette Billings and I will be teaching our popular Harvest workshop on finding and sustaining hope in Topeka for the first time on Saturday, November 4, at the Learning for Life Center. We’re also trying a new start time. The workshop will run from 1 pm to 4 pm. Register now for the half-price early bird special.
- I had a grand time with poet Annette Billings at our Harvest workshop on September 16. Thanks to all who attended! As always, you folks are what make these workshops so special.
- I had a wonderful time talking about hope on Sunday, July 9, at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lawrence. Thanks so much for having me!
- The Lawrence Public Library and the Lawrence Journal World posted an interview with me and an article about Your Daily Shot of Hope. Thanks Shirley!
- Your Daily Shot of Hope: Meditations for an Age of Despair is now available at The Raven Bookstore in Lawrence, Kansas, and A Room of One’s Own in Madison, Wisconsin as well as at Amazon and Smashwords.
“Readers always ask me—What do we do now? How do we stay positive in these dark times? Finally, I have the perfect answer. Diane Silver’s books. This series of short meditations is a kick in the pants for anyone who feels discouraged or scared or lost. I’m so blessed to know Diane, to count her in my possibility posse. And now, her wise words are available to all of us. Thank you, Diane, for reminding us of our own inner power, of our own endless ability to make the world a more beautiful place.”
– Pam Grout, #1 NY Times bestselling author of E-Squared and 18 other books
Why are we here?
Hope & Politics is both an idea and an endeavor.
The idea encompasses the concept that failures are stepping stones to transformation, and that Martin Luther King Jr. was right when he said, “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
The endeavor is a business that seeks to transform our world through education and inspiration. Hope & Politics publishes books, teaches classes, and organizes events that provide nuts-and-bolts training in communications along with emotional grounding for readers and participants. Our first publishing project is a 4-book series called Your Daily Shot of Hope. The first book, Meditations for an Age of Despair, was published in January 2017.
We’re not terribly modest here. We only seek to change the world.
Where do we get our art?
The photos are from various sources, and the banner and book cover art are from the amazing Lynne Baur.